Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Iron King [BOOK REVIEW]

The Iron King
By: Julie Kagawa
Published: Feb. 1st, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Rating: 4/5 Stars

Summary: Meghan Chase has a secret destiny - one she could never have imagined . . . Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school . . . or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face . . . and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

I absolutely loved this book. I gotta say thought that it took a while for me to get into the story during the first 50 pages or so because it was totally not what I read from the summary. But once the adventure started, there was no way I was able to put it down. The book had so many different adventures with a variety of characters that was both terrifying yet interestiing to read about. There was a mix of faeries and goblins, trolls, and dragons and other worldly creatures like the Redcaps pixies and many more. The world building was terrifying yet beautiful once you read it.

The characters were great. I don't know why but I really like Grimalkin even though he kinda reminded me of the Cheshire cat and that cat absolutely terrified me. But slowly throughout the story, he started to grow on me and I didn't think of him as that evil. Meghan was also a great character because she is kinda different and she also doesn't get on my nerves at all. And Puck was a super funny character because he acted so carefree. Also, I don't really agree with what the summary says about the prince's "icy heart" because of what he decided to do towards the end of the book.

Overall, this book was super awesome, I would list this as my favorite, but I felt as if some characters were not really what I expected. Sort of. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for an amazing adventure into the Nevernever with unexpected romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment