Monday, September 26, 2011

13 Little Blue Envelpes [Book Review]

13 Little Blue Envelopes
By: Maureen Johnson
Published: October 1, 2006
Publisher: Harper Teen
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Summary: Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket. In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat. The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist. Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/bloke-about-town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous-though utterly romantic-results. But will she ever see him again? Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it’s all because of the13 little blue envelopes.
The plot was simple but ????????

In my opinion, I love how the plot revolved around traveling around Europe but sometimes, I just didn’t get the visual imagery or maybe it’s just me cause sometimes when I read the description of all the different places mentioned I just get kinda bored. I know that there are other people out there that mentioned that they loved this book especially the concept of traveling, and yes it mentions a lot of the different cities in Europe. I think that I liked Amsterdam the best though.

The characters? … . I don’t really know, they had their own personality and to be quite honest, most of the time, my favorite characters are usually main characters but this time, I liked Mari the best. xD Her personality showed alot more in the story than anyone else besides Ginny’s aunt. Keith wasn’t “bad” either but he was kinda similar to Ginny and considering that he was the love interest of the story, he didn’t pop up that often which kinda sucked.

The one think that I really really really really really didn’t enjoy was the connection between Ginny and Keith. To be honest, I didn’t feel anything between them during the story. I thought that her love interest was really supposed to be a “starving artist” but I didn’t figure that out until something happened between them and I was like “what??” Seriously, there was like ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING between them and then on one page, she’s like, “I think I like him”. Other than that, it was a pretty relaxing read.

I don’t really remember it that well cause I finished it a while back but the main things are the important facts. OH! and I wish that the pictures that they described were actually real! the painted pictures mentioned seemed so realistic I wish I could see the real details and colors in real life. The funny thing was that I read this while traveling, but I was traveling to a national park which kinda defeats the point of Europe but at least I got the traveling part.

Finished on: August 23, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment