Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares [BOOK REVIEW]

Title: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
By: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Published: December 26th, 2010
Published By: Knopf Books
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Summary: Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

The characters in this book were great. They were all different and special in their own way and it seems like they can be your normal everyday family that you see on the street, what with the parents always away on work. The characters have a very unique sense of personality that sometimes I don't get but that doesn't mean that I don't like the book. A lot of people say they could feel this tension between the two main characters but to be honest, I didn't really feel it. It was kinda confusing in my opinion.

The plot was also very interesting because this is the first time that I've read a book like this and it was really fun. I wish that this book was longer and that the dares to Lily could have been more interesting. Sometimes, I would get confused with what is actually going on and I think that's because I don't really get what some of the characters are trying to convey when they are thinking their own thoughts. I get the conversations though so that's good.

Still I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good holiday type read because its a realistic type of young adult fiction with a twist of romance in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment