Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Iron Knight [BOOK REVIEW]

Title: The Iron Knight
By: Julie Kagawa
Published: October 26, 2011
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Rating: 4/5 Stars

Summary: To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought. Then Meghan Chas - a half human, half fey slip of a girl - smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer Fey can survive. With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to it's end - a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side. To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a could and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

The characters in this story were great. It was just Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin and a couple of other "friends" that they meet along the way. Of course after hearing the other stories from Meghan's point of view, it is definitely a change to hear it from Ash. Puck is still the comic relief which is great because sometimes, this book is taken way too seriously. I also love Grimalkin. Even though he seemed evil in the first book, he has definitely grown on me and I'm kinda used to him now. Kinda reminds me of the Cheshire cat for some reason.

The plot is also great, there are quite a lot of trials and tests that Ash has to face and get through to reach his goal and I am kinda surprised that he survived because if I was in his situation I probably would have failed by the third test. I did not like that test one bit. Ash has a lot of challenges that he basically has to win in order to succeed and its cool to watch and see him through it.

Even though this book had a great plot with awesome characters, I probably would not recommend this book. I'm not saying that I hate this book, but I would have been satisfied with the ending of the Iron Queen as it was. I did not like this book that much actually. But if you do want to see another ending, then I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment