Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Lost Saint [BOOK REVIEW]

The Lost Saint (2nd Book)
By: Bree Despain
Published: December 28, 2010
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Rating: 4/5 Stars

Summary: Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process. Desperate to fine Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one. Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.


The characters were always kind of going at a steady pace. I didn't see any major character development in the story. But the characters were still good. I can't really say that Grace annoyed me cause most of the time, she didn't. I thought that Daniel was kinda annoying because all he ever did was hide things throughout the book. It got to a point where I didn't even care anymore because Talbot filled in the empty spots of where he was supposed to be. I think I liked Taylor's character the most. And Jude annoyed me. He was always acting so mysteriously throughout the book, I couldn't really know what was on his mind. And April! I'm so glad that she got mentioned a whole lot in this book. She wasn't much but she did a good break from all the paranormal guys throughout the story.

The plot was great. I didn't get bored of it all. I just got annoyed at some parts when it didn't really go the way that I wanted it to, but the ending was OK. There were some fighting scenes that was sprinkled in here and there and with some love tension between specific people. Also the had new terminology of the different species like Gelals, and Akhs, which I thought was interesting. Everything in this book was pretty unexpected especially the end.I'm just hoping that the thing that did happen doesn't stay that way. I won't say that this is my favorite wolf book, because it didn't really catch on me after I finished it.

I would still recommend this book to anyone looking for paranormal romance, and wolves, and with some action. This is the second installment to The Dark Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment