Monday, October 17, 2011

Silence [BOOK REVIEW]

Silence (3rd Installment)
By: Becca Fitzpatrick
Published: October 4, 2011Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Summary: When silence is all that's left, can the truth finally be told? Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tries to get her life back on track. Go to school, hand out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge her mom's creepy boy friend. But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows. And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing. Then Nora crosses path with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers . . . and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.

The characters are once so much better compared to that of Crescendo. I mean, Nora did not piss me off in this book and that was one thing that I got worried about when I started reading this book. She's still very irrational and she does alot of things without thinking about the consequences, but I guess after reading about her in two books, I kinda get that that is part of her personality and it would suck if she didn't have that trait. Then it would make the book kinda boring. And wow, Jev was totally unexpected. I didn't think of him as the person I thought him to be but you kinda get the hints, halfway through the story. He was very dark and mysterious and kinda pretty much the same. And he still cares about Nora, no matter what she decides to do. That was probably the sweetest part.And Vee. I thought that Vee wasn't mentioned as much and I don't know, it felt like she changed somehow, but I'm not sure how or what, but her character feels a little different.

The plot was absolutely amazing! I loved how there was a lot of dark elements, a lot of fighting and some action parts, and the idea of fallen angels against Nephilim. This story kinda plots together why things happened the way they did in the first and second book. The plot had so many different twists and turns that it kept me hooked. And I regret not reading this book at night cause I read the first half in the afternoon. But the perfect atmosphere would be at night while it was raining. Hahas. I also loved the bits of mystery parts mixed in. I wish that this book lasted longer because it was really good and I think that this is definitely going to be on my favorites list.

I really don't know why so many people are bashing this book just because of what they read in Crescendo and how Nora was so annoying, because I truly enjoyed this book. I'm just hoping that the fourth book comes out to be even better! That would be super awesome! Anyways I would recommend this book to anyone looking for paranormal romance, fallen angels, and a lot of the super-dark-elements that I enjoyed the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment