Sunday, October 2, 2011

Storm Born Chapters 1-3 [Book Review]

Storm Born Chapters 1-3
By: Richelle Mead
Published: January 10, 2012
Publisher: Sea Lion Books
Rating: 4/5 Stars

Here's the summary from my point of view:
So the basic plot line of this book starts with a girl named Eugenie Markham and most people call her Odile from the Dark Swan. (There's a significance to her name). Her job is to send "spirits" or creatures back to the otherworld. And due to some prophecy, her name has been spread around the other world where it has made her the most popular bachelorette. That sends her into fighting unnecessary creatures all the time.

There wasn't a wide variety of characters in the first three chapters, so I hope that it's going to improve. However, Eugenie is a great main character. I love how she is such a strong female heroine because there isn't that much out there. There's also her mom and her dad and her dad is really carefree but that doesn't mean that he doesn't care about Eugenie. There was also Kiyo and I was not expecting him to be what he was. And also her helpers but they were also creatures. But I loved those characters. Volusian looked the most evil but I don't know, I think there's more to him then his goal of going free. Theres also other creatures that are the "evil-doers". But the seemed only ok to me because they didn't have the killing vibe in them and I think that's because they just want to "do" Eugenie.

The plot was great. There wasn't alot of story building, more like an introduction to the character of Eugenie and what she does, but I think that will improve in the next couple of books. There was also alot of action and fighting being done here and there and that was just the first 3 chapters so I can't wait to continue the series.

I'm kinda excited to find out what happens next because after the 3rd chapter, it left me on a big cliffhanger. I would also recommend this book to anyone looking for a strong female heroin, crazy-underworld-creatures, and fighting or action.

I received this from the publishing company (Sea Lion Books) to do a review, so thank you! I really enjoyed this series. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment